Friday, March 14, 2008

PSA

What do you do when three different blogs link to you in one day? Well, like the smart bloke I am, I take the next three days off and waste the readership spike. I guess that’s the way the cookie crumbles when you are working on your first *real* brief that will be submitted without others’ review. In all seriousness, however, thank you Feddie, S.cotus and Greg for your kind words and links.

Back to the meat and potatoes; I hope to catch up with all of the developments by midday. Unluckily for me, it seems as if the Circuits were similarly busy this week on creating, widening, or noting splits. The Eighth Circuit even managed to close a circuit split en banc – Tamenut v. Mukasey overruled prior precedent (11-1) to find that the decision whether to reopen removal proceedings sua sponte is committed to the BIA’s discretion by law and therefore unreviewable.

No comments: